COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Vale and Ward will only collect information about you when you provide it to us, and we only collect information to provide better services to all of our users and customers.
We collect information in two ways:
Information you give to us directly. This information typically includes:
- Your name, email address, first name, surname, address and domain name, and may also contain your username or any other information required to process an order through the Site.
- We may combine the information you give to us directly with the information we collect through your use of our service.
- We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to Vale and Ward with information relating to the number of users accessing the Site from such third party websites. You will not personally be identifiable from this information.
In delivering our products or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third party organisations, including external service providers; our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors; and regulatory or government authorities as required by law.
Vale and Ward uses a number of security measures to protect the information you provide to us.
We protect your personal information by:
- When purchasing from us, your financial details are not collected and/or stored by Vale and Ward on our own servers.
- Vale and Ward utilises secure payment gateway services provided by Stripe Gateway and PayPal which provide the link between our website, the banks and the credit card companies, making it easy and safe for you to purchase from the Vale and Ward Online Shop. Stripe Gateway and PayPal use the latest, industry standard encryption technology to transmit and encrypt all credit information and transactions.
For further information on security, certification and encryption processes, refer to the Stripe Gateway and PayPal websites.
You are entitled to request access to and correction of all personal data you provide us, or to remove your name from our database at any time by contacting Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access personal information held by Vale and Ward about you, subject to the restrictions provided by law. We endeavour to keep information about you as accurate as possible.
If you are concerned about our use of your personal information or if you would like to review or change the information you have supplied to us, please email email@example.com.
For more information regarding privacy issues in Australia, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We use information collected by our server, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and platform, the average time you spend on valeandward.com.au, pages visited, information searched for, average access time, and websites you have visited previously, as well as other relevant statistics.
- We use information to deliver products to you, to collect payments and to manage your account, to market to you directly, as well as provide you with information about our products and services, and to notify you of changes to our products and services;contact you about new products, projects or seasonal promotions. If you wish not to receive such communications, you can unsubscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- You can also unsubscribe from the mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in all communication emails that are sent.
- We use information to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new ones, and to protect our services and our customers. We may also use this information to offer you tailored products, projects or seasonal promotions.
- We use information to keep a record of your communications with us to help solve any issues or disputes that might arise.
- We use information to measure the use of the Site and to administer and improve the Site. This statistical data is interpreted by Vale and Ward in its continuing effort to improve the Site and your shopping experience.
- We gather information on which web pages are visited and how often, to make the Site more user friendly, and to give you a better experience when you return to the Site.
- Restricting internal and external access to your personal information; and
- Maintaining our technology systems to prevent unauthorized computer access; and
- Ensuring that third parties that require access to your information, including organisations outside Australia, take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that they do not breach our privacy obligations; and
- Securely destroying your personal information when your personal information is no longer needed.